Fulfilled by our friends at Stingray
WHY CHOOSE A STINGRAY BOARD?
- TECHNOLOGY - Professional grade double layer Fusion-Tech™ construction is super stiff, tough and lightweight.
- PRICE - At just $625, our price is significantly lower than other premium brand's double layer fusion boards.
- QUALITY - Stingray boards go through a 2-week quality testing phase before they are released.
- Fast but stable inflatable touring design
- Stiff and super lightweight
- Double layer FUSION-TECH™ PVC
- 3mm Alligator skin pattern EVA deck
- UV resistant gloss coating
- Composite drop stitch core
- Double layer rail
- Side D-Rings for carry strap
- Rear and middle handle
- Dimensions: 12'6"/31"/6"
- Board weight: 23 lbs
- Max recommended user weight : 300 lbs
- Ideal inflation: 12-13 PSI
- Max inflation: 15 PSI
- Comes with backpack
The Electric Ray and Shark Ray are high performance boards that are suitable for novice paddlers, all the way through to Elite tourers. These boards are fun, fast and stiff, but also stable. They cuts through chop with ease due to the aero front end, and performs well in small to medium surf.
- Fusion technology uses machine heat and pressure to fuse two layers of PVC together. It eliminates the use of glue, which is more environmentally friendly.
- Double layer fused PVC makes for a much lighter, stiffer and stronger board that performs better and is far less likely to puncture.
- UV resistant varnish coating on the outer PVC layer extends the life of the board.
- The composite drop stitch core increases strength and stability over a traditional nylon core construction.
INFLATABLE SUP'S EXPLAINED
All inflatable paddle boards are not equal and buying a cheap board comes with many pitfalls. Essentially there are 3 different types of inflatable board construction:
- Single layer boards are exactly that. A single layer of PVC surrounds the drop stitch nylon core. While these boards are lightweight, they tend to warp in the middle and are far more likely to get a puncture. Also being very light is great for carrying but you will get blow around in the wind. Stingray opted against this cheaper construction, as they just don't perform or last.
- Double layer construction is certainly a big step up in durability. The inner board is essentially the same as the single layer, but with an additional layer of PVC glued by hand to the inner layer of PVC. The result is a much stronger and stiffer board, however they are heavy and the amount of glue used is not environmentally friendly.
- Double layer fusion is described above and is the pinnacle of modern inflatable board construction. Price range for double layer fusion boards is usually $900-$1500, so that's why we are so proud of our boards in the $625-$675 range!
INFLATABLE SUP CARE INSTRUCTIONS
- RINSE WITH TAP WATER AFTER EVERY USE.
- IT IS RECOMMENDED TO DEFLATE THE BOARD AFTER USE.
- INFLATE BOARD TO RECOMMENDED 12-13 PSI.
- NEVER OVER INFLATE THE BOARD ABOVE 15 PSI.
- AVOID SHARP OBJECTS AT ALL TIMES.
- DO NOT LEAVE THE BOARD IN DIRECT SUNLIGHT OR VERY HOT STORAGE AREAS.
- IF THERE IS A LEAK AROUND THE VALVE, USE PROVIDED WRENCH TO TIGHTEN, BUT DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN.